Tsurumi Pump will display multiple product lines to attendees WEFTEC 2021, which runs from Oct. 18 – 20, at McCormick Place in Chicago. The company will showcase its process equipment range and feature its sewage and wastewater pump lines at booth #2012 in the South Hall. Tsurumi will also highlight its new line of submersible, tailor-made explosion-proof pumps, the AVANT Series, developed to meet specific demands for large wastewater projects
Tsurumi’s sewage and wastewater pumps are built to handle the toughest jobs in all conditions. At WEFTEC, it will be demonstrating its C Series Cutter Pump, which is designed for applications where hard-to-manage debris is mixed with the water. This is the company’s non-clog sewage and wastewater pump that is equipped with a tungsten carbide cutter designed into its impeller, working in conjunction with a serrated high-chrome cutter plate to slice materials and provide clog-free pumping.
Demos in tanks and short videos will help visitors dive into Tsurumi’s efficient and durable designs, and to learn more about how its products operate. Pumps and process equipment showcased at this year’s event include:
- C series Cutter Pump: solids handling non-clog sewage and wastewater pump
- LB/LBA: portable slim-line dewatering pump; fits into an 8″ pipe
- PU: lightweight, low-cost corrosion-resistant submersible sewage and wastewater pump
- UT/UTZ: economical single phase full vortex-impeller submersible sewage and wastewater pump
- TRN: submersible aerator/mixer (in a demo tank), ranging in size from 1 hp to 50 hp
- KE (front), KM (rear): bar screens, which removes solids from wastewater for small plant inflows
- TM: corrosion-resistant titanium pump
- HSE: trash pump with automatic water level sensor
- MR: submersible mixer
- BER: submersible ejector/mixer, for oxygen transfer and mixing
- FSP: scum skimmer, which removes floating oils and grease solids
- FHP: decanter pump
The new AVANT Series
Recently introduced, the new AVANT Series will be a major highlight for Tsurumi at this year’s WEFTEC. The company will have on display a chopper demo utilizing an AVANT MQ Series unit. The new series was designed to deliver utmost performance and save costs on a wide range of wastewater applications. Its hydraulic components, for example, were designed to eliminate clogging and enable for the free passage of fibrous and stringy materials — one of the biggest issues in wastewater plants today.
The AVANT line was certified in accordance with FM Global explosion-proof specifications to ensure products conform to the highest standards of safety. These pumps feature smart design features and IE3 premium efficiency motors that deliver high performances and withstand continuous duty cycles.
They have an exclusive closed-circuit cooling system, utilizing a water-glycol mixture, which prevents contamination of the system while cooling the motor. Additionally, customers can order tailor-made AVANT pumps from the factory, with specific configurations that match the unique demands of their jobs.
“We are very proud and excited to bring the new AVANT Series to WEFTEC,” said Glenn Wieczorek, managing director at Tsurumi. “These are pumps that will deliver efficiency and ensure energy savings on a number of projects in the wastewater industry. This product line has directly benefited from our experience in other industries, from which we have developed unique solutions and technologies that have been applied to this new line to ensure successful applications.”
For more information on Tsurumi’s product lines, click here.