Contributor: Turbomachinery Laboratory
Registration is now open for the Turbomachinery Laboratory’s third biennial Asia Turbomachinery & Pump Symposium (ATPS) and short courses, held at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (KLCC) in Malaysia.
ATPS is sponsored by PETRONAS, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems, and the Malaysia Convention & Exhibition Bureau along with support from our global partners. It is modeled after the eminent Houston, Texas Turbomachinery & Pump Symposia (TPS), held annually since 1972.
ATPS is an international assembly for turbomachinery and pump end-users and manufacturers. It features a renowned technical program that is hand-selected by an advisory committee of engineers, and an international exhibition. The 2018 event attracted about 700 delegates from 31 countries and 30 exhibiting companies.
ATPS 2020 will be held 7-9 April 2020 at the KLCC, with several full-day short courses offered on Monday, 6 April. Paid delegates benefit from international and regional subject matter experts sharing successful machinery project and asset management practices through tutorials, lectures, case studies, technical briefs and discussion groups. Panel sessions will address current challenges in attracting talent and managing digital technologies.
The exhibition, free to the public, showcases products and support technologies from leading rotating machinery original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). Full-size equipment, technology and emerging industry trends will be on display. Public entrance to the exhibit hall will be free to the public upon completion of a free pass registration form online or at the KLCC.
Rooted in the history and successes of the Texas A&M University Turbomachinery Lab and TPS, ATPS promotes professional development, technology transfer, peer networking and information exchange among industry professionals.
Furthering the mission of ATPS, the Turbo Lab has partnered with a number of organizations including:
- PETRONAS, Platinum Sponsor
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries along with Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems, Gold Sponsor
- Malaysia Convention & Exhibition Bureau, Bronze Sponsor
Supporting partners include:
- Institution of Engineers, Malaysia
- Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Korea Rotating Machinery Engineers Association
- Malaysian Investment Development Authority
- Malaysian Oil & Gas Services Council
- Malaysian Petroleum Resources Corporation
- Vibration Institute
ATPS is also supported by several area universities including:
- Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation
- Curtain University – Malaysia
- Nanyang Technological University
- National University of Singapore – Engineering
- Universiti Kuala Lumpur
- The University of Nottingham – Malaysia
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia
- Universiti Teknologi Petronas
“Our delegates, suppliers, consultants, and end-users alike remark how valuable this technical sharing and networking event is,” said Dag Calafell, ATPS chairman. “They gain practical knowledge to tackle their challenges, improve their operations, and identify new opportunities. Together we create opportunities despite the challenges we face. We see the TPS & ATPS events as that are making a difference a different way”