- A steel mill had significantly worn out shafts with the gearboxes on the “repeater” of the wire mill. The wear was caused by running various rubber-style lip seals.
- Gearboxes were leaking oil consistently upon startup after a new competitor seal was installed. This progressively worsened causing significant oil/grease loss and major housekeeping issues.
Replaced competitor’s seal with the Chesterton Matrix Rotary Seal, a split polymer seal that can be installed in minutes minimized critical downtime.
- A unitized design.
- Advanced polymer combined with impregnated synthetic fiber packing technology to maximize performance.
- Positively seals out bearing contamination while keeping lubrication in.
- Withstands large runout conditions and vibration.