The technology is growing rapidly and changing the lifestyle of people as people are using the ‘Smiley Emoji’ in the messages to convey their message instead of typing.
This is the cool trend as social media also providing a chance to the people to insert the reaction in the comments and messages instead of typing but whether using ‘Smiley’ in work email matters a lot?
Smiley makes sender like an idiot in work emails:
- Many of us think that using the smiley in the work emails present the good image but actually it hurts your career according to the new study published in the Social Psychological and personality science.
- The researchers want to find out the actual truth behind the smiley presence in the work emails and their reactions to their bosses when they have seen the emoji and found it doesn’t have a good impression.
Far from creating the positive impression to the reader’s virtual face will make sender look like an idiot
This is the truth of life as Smiley provides warmth reaction but it only feels good with the friends and family matters instead of your office routine.
A research was conducted to find the reaction:
- The truth behind using the ‘Smiley’ in the work emails was found by the researchers as the experiments were conducted over 549 people belonging from 29 different countries.
- The experiments will ask the people to read the emails from the anonymous person and some of the emails will contain the smiley reaction while the others don’t have a smiley.
- The researchers will observe the reaction of the people towards different emails and found that when the people will read the emails that contain the smiley will not have warmth effect but actually produce the negative effect as compared to the mails without a smiley.
- When we ask these people to respond these emails they will provide the detailed answers and information to the people that don’t have a smiley in their content as compared to the people that have to send the smiley with the work emails. The researchers added that
‘We have found the low competence if the work emails will contains the reaction i.e. smiley’
- This research also remains same in the case of photographs. When the sender adds the Emoji on the photos of the work emails it will turn the low competence reaction in the reader’s mind and don’t appreciate by the reader.
- The gender of the email to these people was not known and when they read the email and it contains the smiley they assume that these emails were sent from the women.