You have successfully got a new job and before you hand in the resignation of the current boss the first thing that comes to your mind and you must prepare for is what the response you should deliver while your boss will provide you counter offer.
Counter offer is an incentive to stay on your current position instead of leaving the job – many job seekers and the employees that are dissatisfied with their current job or want development in the life will apply for the opening jobs and sneaking to interviews in the breaks to their replacement job and likely they’ll get new job with extra benefits and provide your resignation to the current job boss but suddenly they’ll provide you counter offer with extra assets and benefits.
What’s your reaction towards the new job? Do you accept the counter offer or move on to the next opportunity or want to remain with your current coworkers? Here are the pros and cons towards accepting or neglecting the counter offer.
Pros of counter offers:
- If you are satisfied with your job and coworkers but want more money than remaining with the current job will provide you more money and a counter offer might work for you.
- You will get more value in the company by accepting the counter offer as many employees want only appreciation instead of money and accepting counter will facilitate you with this dream.
- If you accept the counter offer from your current business boss then it is beneficial for them as they do not need to hire a new employee and then train the person with the same skills and they will get the same employee with extra money to avoid future loss.
- The counter offer will also provide you the better opportunity then your current situation as many employees quit their job for opportunity instead of pay raise or extra benefits.
- You will get interesting working instead of bore one as the management was aware of the reason that why an employee will quit the job.
- You have a benefit that you are aware of the rules of the organization as you are not the new employee of the company and feel relax in the existing atmosphere instead of finding the suitable place and interaction with the new employees or place.
Cons of counter offers:
- You know that everything has some benefits but it also has disadvantages and accepting the counter offer will also have some cons. You have accepted the counter offer but you are unhappy with the current atmosphere than there is nothing change but you are being paid more than the current.
- When you accept the counter offer with more money it may question your loyalty as you are interested only in money instead of working faithfulness.
- If you are planning to move to a new company then the current boss will only provide you counter offer as they are worried about the leak of the information to their competitors.